SBC (Sports Betting Community) is a news, media and events company that works with industry leaders to develop the betting and gaming industry.
SBC is the largest b2b news publisher in the betting and gaming industry with more than 40 news stories published every single day.
SBC is the creator of the world’s largest sports betting industry conferences and exhibitions, and we organise international events for senior executives across the sports, betting and casino industries.
SBC is part of the Sport Global Group which includes companies SBC, Esports Insider, Affiliate Insider and affiliated company Oddslife.
Videos from our events: Betting on Sports 2017 | Betting on Football 2018 | SBC Awards 2017
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We currently have a very exciting opportunity for an experienced conference & content producer from within the B2B conference industry to join our team in either London or Manchester. Ideally you have a proven track record as a successful conference and content producer, and have experience in dealing with senior decision makers on a day to day basis.
You understand how to research and network and work closely with the events and editorial teams as part of your overall role and responsibility. You will be reporting into the COO of SBC.
WHAT ARE YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Research betting, gaming and other relevant industries for agenda topics, speakers and competitor activity
- Proactively plan out the agenda topics and identify speakers for all our events
- Engage, network and build relationships with key industry people
- Work closely with the content and editorial teams around agenda topics and speakers
- Liaising with sales team to maximise sponsorship opportunity and event revenue
- Keep agenda and speakers up to date, and communicate all updates internally to sales, content, marketing and events teams
- Manage agenda, speaker logistics and event delivery on site for all our events
- Work with CRM system to maintain good records of speakers and key industry people, and share information with sales and marketing regarding our contacts with industry stakeholders
- Collect data and information to maintain and grow the CRM system
- Attend and represent the company at international events and exhibitions
- Identify new opportunities for future potential conferences and content
- Contribute to team efforts by accomplishing results as needed
Your daily tasks and work will be a mix of phone calls, research, content writing, securing speakers, updating your weekly plan, liaising with other teams such as sales, marketing, event and editorial.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Ideally 3+ years of conference and content producing
- Experience with managing senior executives and the requirements of key sponsors
- Experience with event and content planning and reporting on this
- Knowledge of the sports, sports betting / gambling industry is a bonus
- Experience with CRM systems
- Excellent research skills
- Excellent understanding of business clients and relationships
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Initiative, drive and enthusiasm
- The ability to work under pressure
- Work within the fast paced and exciting sports betting and gaming industry
- A fun, relaxed and stimulating working environment in West London
- A great team with lots of experience from the sports betting and gaming industry
- Opportunity to grow and progress your career within a fast growing and exciting news, media and event company
- Travel to trade shows around the world, including SBC’s own events
- Access to the company’s VIP box at Stamford Bridge
- Competitive salary, bonus and remuneration package
Please send your CV and written application to Chief Operating Officer at email@example.com