SBC (Sports Betting Community) works with industry leaders to develop the betting and gaming industry. Our services include news coverage, knowledge creation, conferences and exhibitions, seminars and industry awards.
SBC Events organise ‘Betting on Sports’ which is the largest international sports betting event taking place in London and New York. We also organise ‘Betting on Football’ at Stamford Bridge, CasinoBeats Summit, SBC Awards, Sports Betting Hall of Fame, SBC Sponsorship Forum, London Baby @ ICE, ESI Birmingham, ESI London, Isle of Man Social, Gibraltar Social, SBC Championship, and a number of Sports Data Seminars.
SBC Media manage our industry news portals which include SBC News, SBCAmericas.com, CasinoBeats.com, EsportsInsider.com and AffiliateInsider.com. We offer B2B and B2C content marketing strategy, event management and marketing services, as well as digital media and technology solutions to the sports betting and gaming industries.
SBC is part of the Sport Global Group of companies which also include Esports Insider, Affiliate Insider and affiliated company Oddslife Limited.
You want to be part of an amazing team and a rapidly growing company in the sports betting, gaming and sports industries. You are ambitious, and relish the fact that our company can help move your career ahead either in the sports and betting industries or the events industry. Reporting directly to the Marketing Director, and working closely with both the marketing team and the delegate sales team you understand that the freedom you will be given to perform at your very best, comes with a responsibility towards your team and colleagues. You want to be the very best possible seller and thus are eager to learn.
- Contacting senior decision makers at businesses and organisations, selling delegate spaces for SBC events, normally via the telephone and email.
- Hitting and exceeding sales targets, set in cooperation with management.
- Hitting and exceeding other key performance indicators, such as number of proposals sent out each day / week.
- Making 60 – 120 calls per day, spending around 3.5 hours – 4.5 hours on the telephone each day.
- Pitching and selling delegate packages to decision makers to drive delegate revenue.
- Follow up calls after email proposals to close business.
- Maintaining and updating the CRM database.
- Maintaining and building client relationships in the short & long term.
- Building your own portfolio of clients, leading to account management opportunities for future events.
- Liaising with confirmed delegates to ensure event attendance and participation.
- Working with the event and marketing teams to develop an understanding of the event programme, content and USP’s.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Knowledge & Experience:
- Previous business to business telesales experience.
- Experience in delegate sales for B2B events.
- Knowledge of and experience with the sports and/or betting industries
- Excellent telephone and written skills.
- The ability & confidence to speak with senior business & organisation leaders.
- Good communications skills.
- Good questioning, probing and listening skills.
- Hard work and dedication.
- Perseverance and the ability to deal with rejection.
- Excellent written and spoken english
- Work within the fast paced and exciting sports betting and gaming industry
- A fun, relaxed and stimulating working environment in West London
- A great team with lots of experience from the sports betting and gaming industry
- Be part of fast growing and exciting news, media and event company
- Experience high level industry conferences, including SBC’s own events
- SBC has its own VIP box at Stamford Bridge
- Competitive salary package based on experience and performance
This is a fantastic opportunity for an excellent delegate sales person, looking to establish or build on a career within sales/delegate sales and the sports betting and gaming industry.